Friday, November 20, 2009

pre-thanksgiving thanksgiving

Senior year my suitemates and I decided to have our own Thanksgiving celebration (and feast) prior to the actual holiday for which we would be with family in various areas of the country. Everyone contributed in some way, whether by cooking a certain dish or by bringing wine. I decided on a sweet potato recipe complete with cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup, topped with marshmallows. Yes, it's quite sweet and probably one of the least healthy versions of a sweet potato, but it really is amazing! This pre-Thanksgiving celebration has become a tradition. Last Saturday we celebrated our fourth, and while it was wonderful to see some of my dearest friends and enjoy everyone's delicious dishes, only six of the original 14 suitemates were present. Those who couldn't make it were missed! I am thankful that I was able to spend time with a few close friends and able to partake in this tradition which I cherish once again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment